Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.

Sunday, July 3, 2016

EdTech 543 - Social Network Learning

Module 4 - Curation and Its Benefits


The more I learn about Social Media and its use in Education, the more I realize that I missed the boat over the last five to ten years. The resources that can be found on any topic is truly amazing. However, the trail of information is also intimidating. The use of curation to find and organize sources of information will not only ease the stress of looking through the mounds of information but help in the understanding what can and should be used. Curation can be used to narrow our topic of search and find relevant, interesting and resourceful information on any topic.
In this module, I curated a list of resources using Scoop.it on PBL in our Schools. It was quite easy to use however, I missed many of its organization and layout features in this assignment. I liked how it assisted in the finding of resources that could be added to the curation. It also allowed for an insight section - where individual comments could be given about the topic - and a tagging section. I tagged most of my items to 21st Century Learning, 21st Century Education, Education 2.0, Education 3.0 and PBL.
I also had to self-assessment my list using the criteria my PLN came up with in Assessing a Curated Topic. Below is a link to the self-assessment link.

No comments:

Post a Comment