Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.

Sunday, June 15, 2014

WEEK ONE REFLECTION - EDTECH 501 - Summer 2014

This first week in EDTECH 501 was very trying for me.  The fact of not being in school for a long time and learning material that was completely foreign to me made for an very exciting but stressful week.  The learning curve has been steep from the technological standpoint but the satisfaction of being able to do all the assignments was very gratifying.

Skills Acquired
  • the use of Moodle - creating a profile, handing in assignments
  • the use of Google+ and some of its features including Google Drive, Google Documents, Blogger and Hangouts
  • the sharing of Google Documents with others for editing purposes
  • the use of Hangouts for video chats and private messaging including the use of the screen share feature
  • the creation of a video in YouTube and the ability to embed it into my Learning Log
  • the creation of a blog with tags and pages
  • the posting to my blog
T'he MET program from Boise State University is my first attempt at on-line learning.  I love it so far.  The collaboration with classmates has been incredible.  Everyone I have had the privilege to meet via private messaging, Google+ or video chats have been very supportive.  I just hope that I will be able to help them as well as we move forward into this adventure.

I will be creating a reflection post each week of the learning that has occurred.  Even though they will be tagged, I will link each of the reflections to a page on my Learning Log.  Hopefully, when I look back of these reflections, I will realize how far I have come in this field.  I look forward to the rest of the course and can't wait to have enough knowledge to be a leader in this field.  

No comments:

Post a Comment