Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.

Friday, June 20, 2014

Elements of Educational Technology

Here is my paper on The Elements of Educational Technology.

This week I wrote a paper on the Elements of Educational Technology.  Wow, did I learn a lot.  I never realized there was so much involved with this concept.  To be honest, I actually never really thought about it before.  I do use technology and different learning strategies in my classroom but now I know there is so much more.

In preparing to write the paper, we were asked to read the preface and first chapter of the textbook Educational Technology: A Definition with Commentary by Alan Januszewski and Michael Molenda.  After reading the required parts of the text and realizing how very little I know about the concept of Educational Technology, I read the whole book.  I found it very interesting.  I was able to use the remaining chapters, especially the ones about the elements I found more important, to help in the completion of my paper.

My thoughts on Educational Technology have changed.  No longer is it just about the physical tools we integrate into the classroom.  I think every one of the 13 elements is very important and are needed for us to incorporate educational technology into our classrooms, schools and school boards.  I could have written this paper on any of the elements.  I ended up choosing creating, using and learning - specifically facilitation of learning.


No comments:

Post a Comment