Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.

Thursday, January 15, 2015

EdTech 502 - Reflection Week 10

EdTech 502 - Internet for Educators


Semester: Fall 2014
Instructor:   Lora Evanouski
Reflection: Module 9 - M-Learning and responsive websites


AECT Standards:


1.1.3b Demonstrate personal skill development with at least one: computer authoring application, video tool, or electronic communication application.
2.3.2 Design, produce, and use digital information with computer-based technologies.
2.4.5 Develop effective Web pages with appropriate links using various technological tools (e.g., print technologies, imaging technologies, and video).


Module 9 reflection - Responsive webpages and m-learning


I had a lot of fun with this website.  It was great looking at the finished product on my smartphone.  I think I am most proud of this webpage of the sites I have created so far.


The use of fluid grid layouts made this m-learning activity quite easy.  It was very time consuming trying to get each size of your project just how you want it.  Mobile out does make a lot a sense as it seems that most of the mistakes are at the small screen look.  It was fun to see how your site changed as you changed the size of the screen.  The CSS was not more complicated but it was a lot more tedious.


From a teaching standpoint, this is the type of new learning I need to know more about.  I will tell you I was one of the teachers who would not let students even look at their smartphones.  I thought the kids would be texting.  I have come to realize that texting is no different than talking to their neighbor in class.  It is up to us as teachers to keep the students engaged so they use the phones for the right reasons.  This M-activity is great.  They can use the smartphones and, at the same time, learn.  The limits are endless.  No more complaining that there are not enough computers to do the assignment.  Student engagement will be brought to a new level.

As I have mentioned many times in the past, my goal is to move up in a higher administrative position in our school board.  Reinforcement on teaching pedagogy is very important in my learning.  I feel that this week’s assignment will be a useful tool in my future endeavours.   I will use what was learned from this assignment in my future roles in our school board.

No comments:

Post a Comment