Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.

Thursday, January 15, 2015

EdTech 502 - Reflection Week 9

EdTech 502 - Internet for Educators


Semester: Fall 2014
Instructor:   Lora Evanouski
Reflection: Module 8 - Jigsaw Activity and Tables in Dreamweaver


AECT Standards:


1.1.2b Create instructional plans that address the needs of all learners, including appropriate accommodations for learners with special needs.
1.1.2c Integrate information literacy skills into classroom and media center instruction.
1.1.2d Incorporate contemporary instructional technology processes in the development of interactive lessons that promote student learning.
1.1.3b Demonstrate personal skill development with at least one: computer authoring application, video tool, or electronic communication application.
1.3.b Identify at least one instructional model and demonstrate appropriate contextualized application within practice and field experience.
1.4.b Describe and/or document specific learner characteristics which influence the selection of instructional strategies.
2.3.2 Design, produce, and use digital information with computer-based technologies.
2.4.1 Use authoring tools to create effective hypermedia/multimedia instructional materials or products.
2.4.2 Develop and prepare instructional materials and products for various distance education delivery technologies.
2.4.4 Use telecommunications tools such as electronic mail and browsing tools for the World Wide Web to develop instructional and professional products.
2.4.5 Develop effective Web pages with appropriate links using various technological tools (e.g., print technologies, imaging technologies, and video).


Module 8 reflection - Jigsaw learning activity and use of tables on Dreamweaver


I know I have been very repetitive but what can I say.  This week was great. I learned how to do l tables on Dreamweaver.  I am grateful that we were able to use Dreamweaver and not have to code this from scratch.  It would have taken a long time.  I am confident that I know enough about table layout and the coding of tables that I could do this from scratch but it was nice to see it done for you and learn from that.  I find that looking at a table now I can manipulate it as I want.  It was difficult at first considering there are so many lines.


From a teaching standpoint, I have used the Jigsaw method before.  I find it is used very often at the conferences I go to as a teacher.  I think it is very valuable but it is important that all are involved.  It is easy to hide and let others do all of the work.

As I have mentioned many times in the past, my goal is to move up in a higher administrative position in our school board.  Reinforcement on teaching pedagogy is very important in my learning.  I feel that this week’s assignment will be a useful tool in my future endeavours.   I will use what was learned from this assignment in my future roles in our school board.

No comments:

Post a Comment