Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.

Thursday, January 15, 2015

EdTech 502 - Reflection - Week 8

EdTech 502 - Internet for Educators


Semester: Fall 2014
Instructor:   Lora Evanouski
Reflection: Module 7 - Interactive Concept Map


AECT Standards:


1.1.2b Create instructional plans that address the needs of all learners, including appropriate accommodations for learners with special needs.
1.1.2d Incorporate contemporary instructional technology processes in the development of interactive lessons that promote student learning.
1.1.3b Demonstrate personal skill development with at least one: computer authoring application, video tool, or electronic communication application.
1.3.b Identify at least one instructional model and demonstrate appropriate contextualized application within practice and field experience.
1.4.b Describe and/or document specific learner characteristics which influence the selection of instructional strategies.
2.3.2 Design, produce, and use digital information with computer-based technologies.
2.4.1 Use authoring tools to create effective hypermedia/multimedia instructional materials or products.
2.4.2 Develop and prepare instructional materials and products for various distance education delivery technologies.
2.4.4 Use telecommunications tools such as electronic mail and browsing tools for the World Wide Web to develop instructional and professional products.
2.4.5 Develop effective Web pages with appropriate links using various technological tools (e.g., print technologies, imaging technologies, and video).


Module 7 reflection - Interactive Concept Map


This week was a tremendous learning week for me.  I was a little intimidated by what was expected for the week.  This week was by far the most challenging so far but I think I also learned the most.   


We learned about using a “concept map” on a website and using it as a learning device for students. From a web design standpoint there was so much to learn.  We learned how to use images and make a banner on the webpage.  We also learned about how to make a gradient background for your webpage.  Other important things we learned was how to use hotspots so you can link to other areas of interest.  We learned why it is important to have alternate text and what “target_blank” actually means.  


We also learned new software from Adobe.  We used Fireworks to manipulate images to use for our banners.  I had a tough time with this part of the week.  I have never used either photoshop or Fireworks so the learning curve was very steep this week. It didn’t help that when I was making a gradient background, my software had a glitch - or so I thought.  It took me eight hours to do something I can now do in five minutes.  Talk about frustrating.  I finally called my instructor and she explained what I was doing wrong.  Thank you Lora.

I feel proud of the work I did this week, especially considering it was all brand new to me.  I still am not an expert at Fireworks but as least I am now able to work with it.  I know that with practice, it will become a valuable tool when it comes to web design.

No comments:

Post a Comment