Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.

Thursday, January 15, 2015

EdTech 502 - Reflection Week 11

EdTech 502 - Internet for Educators


Semester: Fall 2014
Instructor:   Lora Evanouski
Reflection: Module 11 - Multiple web pages and Virtual Tour


AECT Standards:


1.1.2b Create instructional plans that address the needs of all learners, including appropriate accommodations for learners with special needs.
1.1.2d Incorporate contemporary instructional technology processes in the development of interactive lessons that promote student learning.
1.1.3b Demonstrate personal skill development with at least one: computer authoring application, video tool, or electronic communication application.
1.3.b Identify at least one instructional model and demonstrate appropriate contextualized application within practice and field experience.
1.4.b Describe and/or document specific learner characteristics which influence the selection of instructional strategies.
2.3.2 Design, produce, and use digital information with computer-based technologies.
2.4.1 Use authoring tools to create effective hypermedia/multimedia instructional materials or products.
2.4.2 Develop and prepare instructional materials and products for various distance education delivery technologies.
2.4.4 Use telecommunications tools such as electronic mail and browsing tools for the World Wide Web to develop instructional and professional products.
2.4.5 Develop effective Web pages with appropriate links using various technological tools (e.g., print technologies, imaging technologies, and video).


Module 11 reflection - Multiple Web Pages and Virtual Tour


It seems like a broken record but I had a lot of fun with this website.  I was  allowed to do a topic that really interests me.  I took my favourite sport - hockey - and made it an educational opportunity for my students.  Since hockey impacts a large amount of the population in Canada, I think the assignment will be very interesting for my students.


I was very proud of the finished product.  It took me a lot of hours to finish the assignment but it was worth it.  I learned how to add video, audio and use one topic and create a multiple page website.  I think it looked great when I was finished.  


I tried to incorporate other things I had learned from this class.  I used Fireworks to make some images because I felt I did not learn enough about the program on the “Concept Map’ assignment.


It was also the first assignment I did while away travelling.  I learned I do have the commitment to complete the assignments at a high quality even though the beach was waiting.  I am also proud of this.


I found the use of multiple web pages quite easy but very time consuming.  All the other assignments have been one page, this one was eight.   

As I have mentioned many times in the past, my goal is to move up in a higher administrative position in our school board.  Reinforcement on teaching pedagogy is very important in my learning.  I feel that this week’s assignment will be a useful tool in my future endeavours.   I will use what was learned from this assignment in my future roles in our school board.

No comments:

Post a Comment