Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.

Saturday, January 24, 2015

EdTech 503 - Instructional Design Job Posting

This is our first assignment is EdTech 503.

In this assignment the class have been asked to look at job actual job descriptions for the position of instructional designer. The websites I looked at for the jobs were Monster.com, careerbuilder.com, SimplyHired.com and HigherEdJobs.com.

We were asked to make a job description and then answer three questions pertaining to the topic. The questions were as follows:

1. What are teachers expected to do that instructional designers are not?
2. What are instructional designers expected to do that teachers are not?
3. What are the three major differences between a teacher and an instructional designer?

We were also asked to relate our findings for personal experience. Here is a link to my assignment.

I found this assignment very worthwhile.  Although the assignment itself was relatively non time-consuming, I found it took me a long time to do the work.  I was intrigued by the position of instructional designer and what it would take to excel in this position.  I looked at many job postings just to see about qualifications and job description.

I know of a few retired teachers who have ventured into this line of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment